Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino
Discover How to Be Your Best
Write a Prayer or Wish - Best Ever You
by Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino on August 21st, 2013

Do you say your prayers?  Do you ever wish?  Do you say prayers or send wishes to other people?

So may people say they pray and pray or wish and wish and they go seemingly unanswered and some do.

Who knows why?

I don't have all of those answers for us, but I do notice the incredible faith, persistence and never give up attitudes around.

Is sometimes not getting your wish or prayer the best thing for you?

If you repeat the prayer, wish and positive thoughts enough, will your thinking and maybe life change?

If you say a prayer or a wish, might it be answered?

I do notice that often people wish and pray for things that they are somewhat in control of, but might need to work harder or change their attitude or course to achieve.  Like the person who walks into someone else's home and says, "Wow, I wish I had your house." or "I wish I drove the kind of car you drive."

Do you?  Really?  Someone walked into my home the other day and said they wished they had my house.  I wished back at them for their car and we both laughed and giggled over our 9 children we had combined and how our lives were in different places allowing for different things right now.

Now, I know sometimes our thoughts, prayers and wishes are a bit deeper than this.  I've prayed for my own life to be saved before, I get it.  I've wished I didn't have food allergies, but that one seems to go unanswered.  Like I said, some go answered and some don't.

I can remember when my four kids were 0, 2, 4, and 6 just praying I'd get a daily shower or some sleep :) :) Now that two are driving and one is heading off to college, I find myself praying for their safety and well-being.

I'd like to think that praying for miracles with author Gabe Berman when my dad was so ill contributed to him living.  I do wish Gabe's prayers and wishes went answered when his father so was ill, but sadly his father passed.  Like I said, I don't have all the answers.

What I'd love to do though, is provide a spot for us all to wish and pray.  So I invite you to write a comment to this blog and include your wishes, thoughts, dreams, goals, prayers or whatever you are thinking about.

Who knows, maybe yours will be answered. Maybe another will see your wish or prayer and help you.

Much Love to You.

Elizabeth

About Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino

New Hay House author, Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino, founder and CEO of the Best Ever You Network, understands firsthand the challenges life can bring and has worked with thousands across the globe to illuminate their light within and help them live their best life. She has a degree in communications and broadcasting; is a life coach, food-allergy expert, and anaphylaxis survivor; and is the host of The Best Ever You Show, which has over one million downloads. Elizabeth took a huge leap of faith in 2009 to leave a seventeen year career in the financial services industry to start The Best Ever You Network and become a talk show host and author. Elizabeth is the author of Percolate - Let Your Best Self Filter Through (Spring 2014, Hay House). Elizabeth lives in Maine with her husband Peter, their four boys, four cats and massive Labradoodle.

Posted in Attitude and Inspiration, Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino    Tagged with wishes, prayers, Best Ever You, goals, dreams, Love, thoughts, caring about others, caring about yourself, Elizabeth Hamilton-Guarino, hay house, Percolate, Best Ever You

36 Comments

deb - August 21st, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I think the greatest prayer you can ever say is thank you God for everything. I pray to know Gods will for my life, and live that with genuine courage and sincere love. Peace is the evidence of soul which prays well from the heart.
Elizabeth - August 22nd, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Amen.
JAVINNO PURICELLI - August 21st, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Now Elizabeth You Know Me, I Think Clearly and Make Sound Decisions Before I Speak, and with that said I have read your statement here quite a few times, in order to get a better grip on the situation.

However before I go any further, let me make this Key Point Clear, here and now%u2026
THE FATHER of All Life GOD Does Exist Period!!! And I said it end of discussion.

Look there are certain things in this Life that are, and for ever will be, out of Mans Control and its set up that way for a reason. The Divine knows the true nature of His Creation, therefore we are only allowed to go but so far; and if need be, God could wipe us all out in a variety of ways, in order to reset things Properly. And I for one would rather not tempt God to that point.

Take for instance, The World we live in. Regardless of Social Status in life, Do You Realize that IF The Earth where to Tilt just 2 degrees up or down, We would All either Burn or Freeze to Death with ease. The air We Breathe is Free, Yet if Man had his way, We would all be paying for that privilege. We Travel around the Sun once a year, correct?? Now imagine if that just so happen to stop for once, who would you go to for assistance to resolve that problem?

Furthermore, we all have a Limited time period on planet earth, in which to live. And None of us, and I do mean none of us, can add one single minute more to our lives, under any circumstances. In fact, name one Politician, Clergymen, or Celebrity, or anyone else in A Seat of Power that could change that for you, even if you agreed to pay a phenomenal fee.

Now look, I would be the first to tell you that, no I have not done everything right in my life, neither have any of you. And for every 1 stone that you want to throw in My Direction, I have at least 18 to throw back at you and Im pretty good at hitting what I aim at.

However the point I am making here is this, Every Human Being Breathing on Earth, must come to the Acknowledgement that WE ARE ALL UNDER GOD and no Man is above him; and this is Regardless of how we choose to spend our lives here, be it Good or Bad.

Now that We Clear on that Subject, I will continue with my point. Therefore the question was asked, do you Pray or Wish for things etc. Well My Answer to that is fairly simple, Yes I Pray quite often to the Creator, because I fully understand The Rules and know exactly where Ultimate Power comes from; because anything else other than that, is just Wishful thinking%u2026

Now look, I am not a Religious Man at all whatsoever because Religion can be tainted and twisted by man, and make the good book say things that it was never meant to say. Therefore I promote Thinking for Yourself and if you so happened to read The Bible Study the Book For Yourself in order to get a Clear Understanding on how to live.

Now I am sure, that most have heard the term, Faith without Works is Dead. Umm that is a very True Statement and here is why. If you see something that you want, which brings you joy, but at the time you are not able to obtain whatever it is%u2026you utter the words I Wish%u2026right??

Well much like when We Dream or Envision something within our minds, if once we are back in reality, if we do not act on what we saw or wished for%u2026it stays just a dream or a wish and soon it will die, much like everything else.

Likewise when you Pray to God for His Help in a particular matter or situation, You must also do your part in the equation. Meaning that You Must Act on that impulse in which you just prayed for and begin to move towards that Direction, in Your deeds and Actions, in order for it to work%u2026..

Let Me Be More Clear Here%u2026YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING WITHIN YOUR POWER, IN ORDER TO MAKE WHAT YOU WANT HAPPEN!! Praying to God just tells the Creator that you have a real interest in something of importance to you, that You Really Need His Help with, But You Still Have to Do the Work Yourself!! Understand?

Look God is Not a Magician, He is a Provider, Meaning that He will Give You What You Need, in order for You to Get What You Want Done, Yourself!!!

Look, whatever you Ask God for, Be Prepared to Do The Work that comes along with it!! Otherwise don%u2019t waste valuable time praying to God asking him for his Help.

Look, if you want a better Car, House, Skills, or Position, or even assistance with some other issue of interest to You,%u2026 Start Doing Things that Prepare You for exactly what you want, that way when it finally arrives in Your Life, The Transition Will Be Easy For You!!

So what I am saying to you is this, Turn I Wish into I Want, then Start Praying to THE FATHER as You Do The Work Necessary To Bring Your Dreams and Goals to life in Your Reality!! That%u2019s how its Done!!! And Yes its that Simple.

But wait, I know someone is gonna hit me with, well what happens if you do all that stuff and nothing becomes of it, then what??%u2026. My Answer is this. God answers Prayers in 3 ways%u2026

1 He tells you YES and gives you what you want, so long as you do the work to make it happen%u2026

2 He tells you NO for a very good reason, because what you are asking Him for, will do more harm to you than good, and cause you far worse problems later on than any problems you are facing right now, so He gives you something better to work with%u2026.or

3 He makes You WAIT for what seems like forever, in order to Give You The Very Best!! However the trick to this method, is to be in tune with God in the first place. But again that is a Decision You have to make for Yourself!

Oh and before I forget, Whenever You Pray for other peoples well being? You are in essence Strengthening Yourself as well!! Just like when you Help another rise, in turn it also Helps You Believe me.

However sometimes when we pray for our loved ones to live, yet they die anyway, we get angry and foolishly want to blame God%u2026ahhh that is a very bad Mistake, that a lot of people make, that needs to be corrected.

Now as stated earlier, We All Have a very Limited Time period to be on Earth%u2026So with that said, I Humbly ask that all those who may stumble across this post and read what Ive written here today, that when you pray to THE FATHER and ask anything of Him.

Pray Not because You Need Something from Him, But Rather Pray because You have a Tremendous Amount To Be Truly Thankful To GOD For Period!!!

Do that first every time Before You ask the Divine for Anything Else!! Because by doing so, not only are you showing Gratitude to the Creator, But You are also Respecting Him for Your Very Life that He Allows You to Breathe so Freely Everyday.

Lauren Galley - August 21st, 2013 at 6:07 PM
My greatest prayer is for all of us on this earth to find happiness and share their strengths with others so our world will be a positive and wonderful place to grow & learn.
Elizabeth - August 22nd, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Hi Lauren, That's a fantastic prayer. I hope many will read this and ask for the same.
Elizabeth - August 21st, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I'd like to say a wish and prayer both for my friend Nicole, who is battling cancer. My Izod pal. Love you.
Denise Black - August 21st, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I wish I knew both my real grandmothers on my moms side and my dads side so I can now my background (WHO AM I) ?????
Elizabeth - August 22nd, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Denise, I'm curious if there are any ways to get that information. Is there anything you have tried to do. That's a really interesting comment that I'm sure quite a few people deal with regularly. I know I don't know my grandmother on my dad's side either.
Mocha Mike - August 22nd, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I have always been a person of prayer and talk to GOD on a regular basis. I do find that my prayers and wishes have changed over the years as I have gone through the first few phases in my life. From wishing for that puppy when I was little to pitching my Little League team to the chamionship, on to High School praying that she says yes to the prom and that I get into a good college.The college years lot's of praying going on then, help me pass this exam ( which of course I hadn't studied for ) please let the popular cheerleader go out wih me ( This wish was denied ) to I promsie I will never drink that much again ( also denied ). Some lessons are hard to learn. But now that I am older and in my 40's I find my wishes and prayers are more for my family and firends and less for myself. I pray that my children are healthy and happy and will enjoy thier childhood as it goes by so fast. I pray for my for my mother who has had to deal with alot of loss over the last few years. I wish and pray for my close friends that they find success and happiness in their lives. On thing I have noticed is that I seem to be Thanking GOD alot more too. I of course thank him for things like my family, friends and health but also the unexpected things. Recently I have had several "doors" opened to me both on a professional level and personal one. I thank him for both. I find Life's journey truly amazing and have discovered that both wishes and prayers do come true, sometimes you have to wait for them. Don't ever give up.
Elizabeth - August 22nd, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I can see you smiling and laughing as you write about praying for the popular cheerleader and the Little League. Isn't it interesting how our prayers shift. Love your comments.
Rev. Lail Ann Haynes - August 22nd, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I come to you, ALMIGHTY GOD, with all the LOVE I am in your grace and glory. I thank you for washing me clean and giving me renewed hope for the Life you intended from the beginning. I would love to receive FORGIVENESS from the souls here I have hurt, but I TRUST YOUR PLAN.

Father, I ask you to keep ALL my LOVED ONES SAFE, HAPPY AND HEALTHY. Please, guide us ALL to serve YOU AUTHENTICALLY, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE.

Please, provide us ALL with the wisdom to accept our rough journeys AS GIFTS. We are YOUR WARRIORS, EARTH ANGELS!!! Bless ALL of us with INNER PEACE AND SELF LOVE!!!

God, bless ALL the children. May we ALL be POSITIVE, LOVING EXAMPLES and ROLE MODELS. May we HAVE THE WILLINGNESS to help ANY in need, TRUSTING you will ALWAYS REPLENISH what we give in your glory.

Please, bless my ministry. Please, provide us with all we need to fulfill our dreams, bringing them to REALITY. Give HEALING to ALL in need, showing just how POWERFUL AND VERY PRESENT YOU ARE!!!

MAY DARKNESS ALWAYS BOW IN LIGHT, AND MAY ALL MY OWN NEEDS BE MET AS I SERVE YOU WITH LOVE!!!!

GOD BLESS, ELIZABETH, ALL SHE LOVES AND BEST EVER YOU!!!!

I humbly thank you for my life. I love you.
Amen.
Elizabeth - August 31st, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Lail, I hope many read your post. Thank you. Love you too and thank you for being such a blessing in our lives.
Bill Latchford - August 23rd, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Every evening I pray for those children whom are going to bed Hungry, Scared and Alone. I ask god to look over them and to let them see his Light. I also ask God to look over those Children that Have Suffered, Are Suffering and Will Suffer at the hands of Monsters who Mentally, Physically and Sexually abuse Children. I Ask and Pray for this every night.
Elizabeth - August 31st, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Bill, I say a lot of prayers for kids also. My brother, Justin, who we adopted at birth, has fetal alcohol sydrome.
Debra Oakland - August 23rd, 2013 at 6:11 PM
I enter what I consider to be sacred space and commune with God. Having lost so many family members and friends all those years ago and now several more this year, I always ask for their highest and greatest good. I cannot pretend to know where their path will lead them or how long they will be in my life, but feel it is important to express my heartfelt gratitude for those who are in my life and the different ways we touch each others lives. Gratitude is KEY!

I pray for joy to permeate everyone everywhere. I see the world as whole, not broken and visualize a beautiful world for us all. Living in peace, love and harmonious health in abundance is the ultimate goal. Every prayer we send does make a difference, we are heard and things do shift. Challenges make us stronger and hopefully we gain strength and wisdom along the line. At the end of the day, it really is all about LOVE!
Lesley Whyte - August 24th, 2013 at 3:46 AM
It's when we work together that wishes and prayers come true.
Vinod Bhathija - August 25th, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Thank you Elizabeth for giving me this opportunity, you are a great soul and friend.

I am not religious anymore but I do have a feeling though cause I've been religious until I was 29 years.

But today I would like to say to The Lord cause I want to and cause I have a feeling to do so, that I thank you for my life. And thank you for the friends you have given me over the years, though far, they have given me enormous amount of love, and the love was more when I got an opportunity to meet them too a few times. They hugged me tight and that feeling continues in my heart till today cause it was true friend love, I thank my friends too for being angels for me in bad times and good, they have been there for me that even my own were not there. Simple thing that I cannot live without them.

My wish today would be that my friends be blessed with all they wish and that I as a human being, should get what a human being I'd eligible. I have always wished for the big things but doesn't matter I haven't got to achieve anything such as a Mercedes car and such, I will never regret to have never gotten such big things in life but a situation where my life seems the toughest, I really don't know what to do. Only a miracle can save me and I request you to do that for me ASAP as it's already late. The thing I'm waiting on, if that doesn't happen, I will not know what to do in life ahead as that is my life saver. And if that miracle does happen, I would want to treat no one but my friends, the best I can I will treat them with, no matter what, only then my heart will get the real satisfaction. Today, no one but my friends put a smile to my face, they the ones I get love from. I have never felt a need for a life partner, though I would love a soulmate but guess my luck for one has never been born for me and it's my middle of life and I do not regret that or any prior sufferings or struggle in my life cause I don't believe in regrets but just that, that it's ok if that has has happened.

So once again, a request or a wish for that miracle to happen so I could live a life of a normal human being without asking for more in my life but what the least I had, that only. Hope it isn't much to ask but if I'm given a life, I better live it I think. Thank you to you and thank you to my beautiful friend Elizabeth and thank you to my beautiful friends wherever you are, you are in my hearts cause that is why I am alive today, thank you!
Barry Patrick - August 25th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I think most of us say prayers or make wishes at some point in our lives. Some are realistic - others are not. I have been saying a lot of prayers recently, for my mum (yes, I'm from the other side of the Atlantic!), and more recently for the daughter of a friend of mine in Texas, who has been ill for the past few months, and is currently in hospital. The doctors don't seem to know what's wrong with her, and have made several diagnoses. Obviously I pray that they find the cause, that it can be easily treated, and that she gets home soon. But it's easy to forget that this can affect the family as a whole, not just the daughter in hospital.

Earlier this year, my mum was admitted to hospital with serious breathing difficulties, which turned out to be Double Pneumonia. She was not responding to treatment, and eventually, the doctor looking after her said that after 2 weeks on the maximum dose of antibiotics that it was time to try and let the body heal itself, but if that didn't work, there was nothing more they could do for her. 2 days later, the doctor said to me that "the emphasis now is making your mum as comfortable as possible." Now there is of course more than one way to take that, but I took it as him saying that mum had not got long left. I also went to the hospital church on the Sunday morning, and prayers were said during the service. Now I'm not the most religious of people, but the reason I went was because I know my mum would have wanted me to go. I should point out at this stage that mum is in the final stages of dementia. Before the dementia struck, mum was quite religious. I found it incredibly moving to have others saying prayers for me, my mum and the rest of the family. A lady friend of mine who I have since became very close to asked me if I minded her saying prayers and lighting a candle for mum. Of course I didn't mind - in fact, I was pleased. Just over 2 months on, mum is still with us, and is largely comfortable, but we all know and accept she hasn't got long left. We didn't expect her to come out of hospital, nor last this long. Was this because of the prayers that were said for her? That is open to debate, but I believe the prayers played a large part. The only thing we want now is for her to be comfortable in whatever time she has left.

Elizabeth, this is why I said earlier on Twitter that I wanted to comment, but was struggling to put my thoughts into words. This struck a chord with me.
Elizabeth - August 31st, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Hi Barry, Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts about your mum. My father had a stroke in 2004 and I have so many similar thoughts and had them at the time. He is also a kidney cancer survivor since 2012, where he and we had another quite long ICU stay. He is a warrior. But I believe our prayers and positive energy contributed to his survival. no doubt in my mind. You might also read a post on here called "Name Tag Angels". Lots of Love to you and your mum. Elizabeth
Mike Bertelsen - August 29th, 2013 at 8:28 AM
be grateful. I concentrate on being thankful for what I have and for what I will have.
Dyan - August 29th, 2013 at 11:03 AM
This is a Cherokee prayer and covers absolutely everything, I think: "Thank You, thank you, thank you."
Elizabeth - August 31st, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Avril Guthrie - August 29th, 2013 at 4:04 PM
"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me ..."
Elizabeth - August 31st, 2013 at 10:22 AM
well put.
Wendie - August 30th, 2013 at 5:48 PM
My prayer is one of thanksgiving for the Lord's constant grace and mercy. As I rise each new day knowing that Jesus suffered on the cross to take away my shortcomings so I may have eternal life, I'm humbled! God loves me and every one of His children greater than we can ever imagine. I'm grateful for the calling He has on my life and I trust that His plan will be done...in spite of me and my hiccups along the journey of life. I pray for the widows, orphans and the elderly that feel alone. I'm grateful for my health, family and friends.
Taii - September 5th, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I reiki and pray myself to sleep each night, sharing with family & others ... a thankful wish for health and to engage and enjoy life and not to feel wanting...and, to thank God. (The reiki allows me to tap into the earth's energy field and re-energise myself like a 'battery charger'. I've done this for more than 20 years and wake each day after 6hrs sleep, renewed in attitude, mind, health and full of energy for the day ahead). I give thanks and blessings to yall that have come in some way to this very point in time, to share this moment....cheers

Mary Ann - December 7th, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Id like to pray that my Mother get back the title to her home quickly. And, if she does the building of her
new home will go smoothly and become a beautiful place where we could eventualy live in peace and happiness
and love.
Anon - December 16th, 2013 at 4:27 PM
A while back I goofed and I ran my mouth about someone and he made a video about me. He made fun of me and my friends and the stuff we would make. I've since learned my lesson but I just pray this video gets taken down and my internet name gets taken down. People forget completeley about what happened and I can finally be at peace. It has been torture. I just wish this would all stop. And never rear it's ugly head again...... Please god I pray I love you.
Nidhi - March 14th, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I think prayers are answered but in what form and when :: that is solely upto God and his plan is not subject to conditions :: he does miracles but his way of doing it cannot be judged , commented on , bribed, he can't b coaxed into :: Also out intent mostly gets us or makes us loose us
Jean - April 5th, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Being autistic, I wish and pray for understanding from all, guidance from those who will choose to offer it, and peace with everyone. Specifically, right now I wish for peace with/for/from someone I caused grief to without meaning to or even understanding I was.
Jennifer - April 5th, 2014 at 8:29 AM
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace and JOY! :)
Shirley McIntire - April 5th, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Elizabeth, I have had allergies really bad since the 80's. My Grandsons have had allergies since they were born. But miracle of miracles we discovered that if we eat as the Bible instructs us with the food laws, we are getting rid of our allergies. I do not take anything for my allergies anymore and haven't for some time. And my grandsons allergies are going away, too. May God lead you to get rid of yours.
M.T. - June 23rd, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I have been in love with Andrew for the last 3 years. Something always came up and we never got together. I pray and wish, that he still feels the same he did before and we will find a way back together. Amen.xx
dornel - August 20th, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I have sitted the may june 2014 cxc exam and I have been praying wishing and beleving that am gonna get good grades . So I wish to the all mighthy god to make this wish come true for me I wish I get good grades for cxc thank u lord amen .
Cindy Allbee - November 29th, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I pray for the guidance on raising my son alone now that my husband has passed. My son has Aspergers and often has trouble with social skills. I don't think he is expressing his grief or knows how to for the loss of his father. I pray for others patience if not understanding for him. I also pray for my health as I have a bad heart. Austin will need me for many years past high school! Lastly I thank God for the past 16 years I had with my husband Jon and for the beautiful son we had. I thank him for each day he gives me on this earth to continue the love we shared. Amen
D. Ellis Phelps - December 1st, 2014 at 10:55 AM
My prayers are often wordless: deep breath, a walk, noticing. "All is well." "Om." "May all beings know happiness. May all beings know comfort. May all beings know peace. May all beings know love". Aho.